Saturday, February 24, 2018


Greetings from Mindoro!


I have big news!


Twenty three years ago my family and I moved to the island of Mindoro in the Philippines to serve as missionaries to the Alangan tribe.  I was an only child, and had always wanted a sibling.  When I arrived in the village of Pandarukan, however, I found a whole village full of brothers and sisters.  One particular family took me in, and informally adopted me.  I spent every afternoon in their house, and they took care of me when my parents had to travel.  You may remember me telling stories about their oldest son, Delpin, whom I think of as my older brother.  He has been my best friend almost since the day I arrived, and he now works with me among the Tawbuid.  I also grew up with Delpin's sister, Rodelyn.  I called her my sister for many years, and we were close friends.  Several years ago, our friendship slowly started growing deeper and closer, until we realized that we were more than friends.  After several more years of prayer, deliberation, and consultation with those wiser and older than us, we have decided to get married.


Rodelyn and I will be married on April 1, 2018, along with her daughter, Ellen-Joy.  We will be getting married first in the Philippines.  We will also have a second service in the United States when we are able to both visit there.


Thank you so much for your prayers and support as Rodelyn, Ellen, and I join our lives in service to God and His people!


P.S.  Just in case any of you missed it, here is the link to a short video that I made for you about one of our expeditions to a highland village.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQM3tl4eNvg


No comments:

Post a Comment